Valérie van Gulck
Tel 0032 16390411
89, Rue de l'institut
B 1330 Rixensart
tel: 0032 (0)2-656 97 64
fax 0032 (0)2-656 71 93
E-mail work: firstname.lastname@example.org
VVVB - Vlaamse Vereniging voor Verpleegkundigen in de Bedrijfsgezondheidszorg Organisation of nurses working in occupational health in Flanders-Belgium
We are happy to introduce to you the Occupational Health nursing Association in Belgium (Flanders). This non-profit organization represents more than 350 nurses working in occupational health, preventive medicine and safety offices and departments in industry and in different organisations since 1979. In our country the occupational health nurse is also the health and safety practitioner in closest daily contact with the employee.
The occupational health nurse is able to identify problem areas at an early stage and bring these to the attention of both management and workers with recommendations for the necessary actions to eliminate or reduce risks.
The Association’s aims are:
- to ensure that occupational health nurses are competent and fully equipped to contribute to the health, safety and well being of the working population (information and training);
- to encourage occupational health nurses to carry out research in areas of practice, education, … (scientific award);
- to establish links and networking opportunities between occupational health and safety practitioners, to share ideas and best practices (meetings, training, open dialogue);
- to ensure that the occupational health nurse’s role in workplace health and safety is recognized by government and authorities (representation).
- our association is grounding member of FOHNEU, the Federation of Occupational Health Nurses within the European Union and a member of ICOH (International Commission on Occupational Health)
- VVVB publishes a quarterly information magazine named Preview (“prevention and view”) which is distributed to all members and to our points of contact. For your information you will find enclosed the draft version (two pdf-files) of the recent edition … in Dutch however, but just to give you an idea.
(Association Francophone des infirmiers de sante au travail en Belgique)
(Association of French speaking occupational health nurses in Belgium)
The objective of the association is to contribute to the development of the profession, to gather the nurses whose activities are connected to the promotion and the maintenance of health (bio-psycho-social) of the individual in his work environment.
Also allow me to remind you that the A.F.I.S.T.E.B was born in 1995 at the time of a free-European meeting in Strasbourg.
Today the French-speaking Association in Belgium (A.F.I.S.T.E.B.) has a new Internet site: www.afisteb.be and a new logo.
4+5: For articles of interest, research, books, publications as well as updated information on VVVB and AFISTEB conferences, please have a look at www.vvvb.be and www.afisteb.be.